The Ethnic Minority Career Museum & Built Environment Heritage Programme
Would you like to work in museums? We are working with the Next Step Initiative to offer Traineeships with bursaries. There are several opportunities available:
- Collections Engagement Assistant (Museums & Galleries Edinburgh)
- Open Museum Traineeship (Glasgow Life, Glasgow)
- Glasgow Museum Events Traineeship (Glasgow Life, Glasgow).
Traineeships are supported by a bursary which is non-repayable.
All trainees will be supported to do a qualification in Museum and Galleries Practice.
Visa status must allow full time working in UK.
• An opportunity to work within the Museum and Galleries sector.
• A chance to gain skills, knowledge and understanding of a variety of departments (e.g. collections management, conservation, audience development, learning and interpretation and community engagement).
• Scope to build a career path in the sector.
• Scope to use existing transferable skills
• An opportunity to be instrumental in bringing the African and ethnic minorities communities into the sector for: leisure, education or employment
• A platform for you to excel and develop professionally and personally.
• Applicants must have a willingness to learn and strive within the sector.
• No specific academic qualifications are required; however, applicants should be able to read and write fluent English.
• An enthusiasm for heritage
• The traineeships are only open to people from African and Caribbean/ Ethnic Minority Communities across Scotland.
Contact Dr Rosemary Sleith for an Application Pack by email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call her on 0754265293 to discuss traineeship
Interviews will be 12th February 2020 (Museum & Galleries, Edinburgh) and 18th or 19th February 2020 (Glasgow Life, Glasgow).