The project was designed to look at access and participation issues for adult learners who also use mental health services. I worked with Outlook to set up a series of visits to our venues. During the visits we set aside time for the group to discuss the venues and to feedback what they liked about the museums and how we could help them access our services better.
The group were encouraged to participate in visiting museums and their feedback was used to develop a report looking at ways to improve access to our services. This report was passed onto management and recommendations were then used when developing future displays and workshops.
The students also took photographs of the visits which were uploaded onto our Flickr site. I’ve used some of these images to illustrate this post.